We specialize in the following Areas
In VDyA we stand out for our performance in the Criminal Law branch of our country. Our team has national and international experience in the following areas.
International law is the set of rules, agreements and treaties that are binding between countries. When sovereign states enter into agreements that are binding and enforceable, it’s called international law. Countries come together to make binding rules that they believe benefit their citizens.
– Extraditions and international cooperation in criminal matters.
– Litigation before the Inter-American System for violations of the guarantees of criminal law, criminal procedure and human rights.
– Systems of protection of Human Rights before the United Nations Organization (UN).
– Mediation mechanisms on corporate fraud, public and private corruption and corporate criminal liability before the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
– Representations before the International Criminal Court (ICC).
– Transnational Corruption and Bribery.
– Negotiations and international financing
– Asset recovery derived from transnational or off-shore crimes.
– Execution of international sentences.
– Advice to countries, international organizations and NGOs in the prevention of money laundering, corruption, administration of justice and crimes of the new crime.
– Affidavits, evidence collection in international processes or with execution in other countries, such as USA, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Israel, Switzerland, Chile, Brazil, Mexico and others.
– Asylum or refuge regime (Act. 26.165)
– International Criminal Law in general.
Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolutions
Our team covers a wide diversity of practice areas where the common goal is to resolve current and potential conflicts of our Clients, including the resolution of judicial disputes in all jurisdictions of the Argentine Republic.
– Recovery actions for assets derived from crime (asset recovery).
– Criminal administrative system before the Financial Information Unit (UIF) for violation of law # 25.246.
– Positions before the Anti-Corruption Office (OA).
– Alternative Conflict Resolution.
– Judicial and extrajudicial negotiations.
– Transparency & Compliance before the National Securities Commission (CNV).
– Supply Law # 20,680.
– Government sanctions.
– Evidence collection.
– Alternative Conflict Resolution.
Tax Criminal Law & Custom Law
The Firm acts actively in defense of the interests of natural persons and companies, national and foreign. Its members have knowledge and expertise in the subject related to this type of crime, being specialists and consultants both in the academic field and in the exercise of the profession.
– Criminal tax and pension.
– Tax litigation before the Tax Court and the Economic Criminal Court.
– Customs Criminal.
Foreign Exchange Criminal Law
The Firm provides legal advice to individuals and commercial and investment banks in the conflicts that may arise due to the financial operations and the capital market in which they intervene, including the defense of their interests in court and also in the field of law. Administrative sanction.
– Criminal exchange and banking.
– Insider trading and financial and stock market crimes.
– Criminal administrative system of financial entities before the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic.
Corporate Governance & Penal Law
The concept of corporate governance refers to the set of principles and rules that govern the design, integration and operation of the governing bodies of the company, such as the three powers within a company: Shareholders, Board of Directors and Senior Management.
– Corporate Investigations.
– Director’s Responsibility, Trustees and Auditors.
– Criminal Law in Business & Human Rights.
– Transparency in insurance and reinsurance companies.
– Implementation of business integrity programs (Law # 27.401).
– Financial fraud and insider trading.
– Design and Update of Ethics and Compliance Programs in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
– Corporate crimes, unfair administration.
– Prevention of Criminal Risks in the company.
– External criminal counseling for boards of directors.
– Forensic Criminal Defense in the Company.
– Corporate Defense Alerts.
– Internal investigations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD Convention and UK Bribery Act.
– Due diligence in anti-corruption, money laundering & Company Criminal Liability.
– Consulting and Legal Opinions.
Criminal Law - general practice -, Constitutional Criminal, & Criminal Procedure
The criminal procedure law is the set of legal norms corresponding to the internal public law that regulate any criminal process from its beginning to its end between the State and individuals.